Some people are great about sticking with exercise and good nutrition Monday through Friday, but they sabotage themselves on the weekend.
It's a vicious cycle ... Work hard and then burn it all down and start over each week.
Don't let your efforts be in vain - use these ten tips to have a healthier weekend.
1. If you drink, limit the amount. Not just because of the trash calories from alcohol; when you drink, your inhibitions are lowered, and you'll be more likely to eat trash food, too.
2. Schedule a Saturday morning workout. You can get a free trial at CrossFit Algiers here.
3. Keep your kitchen a junk-free zone. Don't buy the items you know are tough to resist.
4. Stick to your sleep schedule. Don't alter your bedtime or wake time by more than an hour, even on the weekends.
5. Plan your next week's meals, and shop and prep on Saturday or Sunday. Keeping your goal in mind will help you stay on track.
6. Start your day with some lean protein. Sure, pancakes are tempting, but add a protein shake to the mix.
7. Take time to relax that doesn't include harmful eating or drinking. Take a walk, visit friends at a park or just read a book. Recharging helps your progress.
8. Don't skip meals. If you oversleep, go ahead and eat a light "breakfast" anyway. You'll be less likely to binge if you don't get hangry.
9. Make time for movement. If you binge watch television all day, you're going to feel worse, most of the time. Try to get 30 minutes of intentional movement Saturday and Sunday.
10. If you 'mess up', get right back on track. One mistake doesn't mean the whole weekend is shot. Forgive yourself, and make the next best choice for you and your fitness.
We are here to help with any of your questions, so reach out - and even better, come see us at CrossFit Algiers.